Detoxify. Rebuild. Repair.
The NoMAD lifestyle plan is a unique approach to fasting and autophagy developed by
clinicians at The Levitas Clinic. Based on extensive research, the NoMAD lifestyle plan
recognised the importance of balance by supporting the need for micronutrition.
So, what is Autophagy?
The self-destruction and recycling of old and/or damaged cells. It is a natural process which occurs within the body. As mammals, we store protein in every one of our cells called mitochondria, after eating food. We store the protein as an emergency pack in case we are in a position where we cannot access food for a couple of days. This situation
occurred often in our evolutionary history but has not occurred for over 100
years in the majority of cases.
Debris, old DNA and protein plaques that are damaging, causing cancer, dementia,
autoimmune disease and ageing.
2. Cells Picking Up Debris
Through autophagy fasting the ‘autophasome’ cell picks this debris up.
3. The Red Cell
The red cell is a lysosome, that comes in and breaks the debris into it’s smaller components.
4. New Cells & DNA
This is then made into new cells and DNA – Proper Human Cell recycling that the majority of wealthy populations are not ever using and rapidly ageing earlier (living longer but in old age!)
Why does your body do this?
– Removal of cellular waste: ‘getting rid of baggage’ means better functioning.
– Stabilisation of the genes within a cell
– This process becomes less efficient as you age (as with a lot of other processes). This increases your chances of disease and injury.
Why is it beneficial?
- Improves metabolic processes
- Encourages the growth of new cells enhancing cognitive function
- Improvements in mood and mental clarity
- Supports immune strength in warding off infections
- Reduces inflammatory processes in the body
- Promotes the production of growth hormone
- Reduces joint pain and stiffness
- Encourages fat loss
- Improves sleep
- Improves skin conditions such as eczema
- Reverse-ageing effects
- Reduces cravings and addictive impulses
“When you first read about NOMAD and what it entails you think ‘that’s
impossible!’. In actual fact I found it way easier than I expected.”
“ I feel brighter, happier, lighter!”
“NOMAD allowed my body to reset”
We use elements of fasting and micronutrition intravenous support to achieve the best
results. With in depth pre and post programme blood screen as well as weekly body
composition and blood glucose/ketone checks, we can keep a close eye on exactly what
your body is doing and which stage you are in.
You are also supported throughout each stage of the programme with thorough instruction manuals and physician support whenever required as well as weekly face to face check ins.