What is Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy?
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) is a non-invasive treatment in which a device is used to pass acoustic shockwaves at a set frequency through the skin to the affected area. It is purely a mechanical wave- not an electric one. Shockwave is an accepted intervention in the UK and treatment may provide pain relief for chronic tendinopathies.
How can Shockwave Therapy help you?
Here is a video to explain all about our Shockwave Therapy and how it could help you.
What can Shockwave Therapy treat?
Shockwave Therapy is effective at treating:
- Neck Pain (Myofascial pain syndromes)
- Shoulder Pain (Calcifying tendinitis of the shoulder, subacrominal pain syndrome)
- Back Pain (Myofascial pain syndromes, idiopathic lowerback pain and pseudoradicular syndromes)
- Elbow Pain (Lateral and medial epicondylitis)
- Hand Pain (Dupuytrens disease, De Quervain disease, trigger finger and Carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Hip Pain (Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome)
- Hamstring Pain (Hamstring tendinopathy, insertional)
- Knee Pain (Osteoarthritis, patella tip syndrome)
- Osgood -Schlatter Disease
- Achilles Pain (Achilles tendinopathy, insertional and mid body)
- Heel Pain(Plantarfasciopathy)
Make An Appointment
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy Pricelist
Make an Enquiry
All services are also available to non-members.