Lipogems is a therapy that uses a device to create an injectable healing tissue (MSC tissue) made from your own fat tissue reserves. The MSC can be used to:
- Repair injured or damaged tissue
- Provide cushion and structural support that enhances your body’s natural healing process
Your initial appointment
You will have an initial appointment to review any recent diagnostic tests you may have had or ensure they are carried out prior to the procedure to ensure this is the correct treatment for you.
- Takes approximately 1 hour
- Is a minimally invasive procedure under local anaesthetic in order to remove the fat tissue from your abdomen, slightly slimmer people may have this removed from the hips
- Once the fat tissue has been removed this will be cleansed using innovative technology that harvests the healing MSC tissue and activates its regenerative properties
- The active MSC is then injected in the area requiring regeneration by a trained clinician
How does it work?
- Repair damaged tissue (for example, after an injury or operation)
- Speed up tissue growth and regeneration
- Reduce inflammation, helping tissues to heal more quickly
- Improve blood flow by creating new blood vessels
- Reduce areas of internal or external scarring
The Advantages of Using Fat:
- There is plenty of fat in the body
- It can be easily ‘harvested’ using a minimally invasive procedure carried out using a local anaesthetic
- Fat contains cells that help to heal damaged tissue
- Research has shown that, no matter how old you are, fat is still able to retain its healing properties
You may be a candidate for Lipogems if:
- You suffer from an injury or ailment that limits your normal daily functioning or physical activity.
- Treatment options, such as physical therapy, NSAIDs, or steroid injections have not provided significant relief.
- You would like to explore Lipogems as a minimally invasive alternatively to a major surgical intervention.
- Exploring natural aesthetic options (skin improvement , scar healing)
- This includes minimal down time however some recovery will be necessary including physiotherapy and carrying out specific exercises to improve muscle strength
- Slight discomfort around the area of incision
- The following day may be slightly stiff around the area of treatment
- Lipogems can be used in conjunction with Platelet Rich Plasma
Make an Enquiry
Levitas Clinic Guildford offer an optional membership which includes 7 day access to GP appointments and 10% discount on selected services within the Practice.
All services are also available to non-members.